- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- Serves: 8 people
- 2 cups all purpose organic unbleached flour
- 3 tablespoons cold butter (for a vegan option, use earth balance)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 3 cloves crushed fresh garlic)
- 1/8 cup fresh chives (or use freeze dried if you don’t have fresh)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Use a pastry blender and cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until it resembles crumbs.
- Mix in the garlic, chives and cheddar. Pour the milk over the top and mix with your hands until the dough holds together in a large ball (don’t overwork the dough, you want it to be nice and flaky when it’s done baking).
- Flatten out into a 8″ circle and cut into 8 wedges. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.