Created by Anna-Marie Rytter on January 27, 2016
This is a tasty vegetarian chili recipe that will warm your insides!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1h 10m
- Total Time: 1h 20m
- Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons chili powder (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (or use fresh if you prefer)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot and cook the onions, peppers, and zucchini, until the onion is transparent. Add the chili powder and cook another couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.